Grace and Frankie follows Grace, a retired cosmetics mogul, and Frankie, a hippie art teacher, whose husbands, Robert and Sol, are successful divorce lawyers in San Diego. Grace and Frankie's lives are turned upside down when Robert and Sol announce that they are in love with each other and are leaving their wives. Now, the women, who have never particularly liked each other, are forced to live together and support each other as they navigate the next chapter of their lives.
- Jane Fonda as Grace Hanson
- Lily Tomlin as Frankie Bergstein
- Sam Waterston as Sol Bergstein
- Martin Sheen as Robert Hanson
- Brooklyn Decker as Mallory Hanson
- Ethan Embry as Coyote Bergstein
- June Diane Raphael as Brianna Hanson
- Baron Vaughn as Nwabudike "Bud" Bergstein
Special Guest Stars
- Estelle Parsons as Babe (2,5)
- One of Frankie and Grace's good friends
- Sam Elliott as Phil Milstein (Season 2)
- Grace's old flame
- Peter Cambor as Barry (2—present)
- An accountant for Say Grace
- Peter Gallagher as Nick Skolka (3—present)
- A business mogul who clashes with Grace and Frankie
- Craig T. Nelson as Guy (Season 1)
- An adventurous college friend of Robert's and Grace's love interest.
- Geoff Stults as Mitch (1—3)
- Mallory's doctor husband of more than seven years.
- Mary Kay Place as Amanda (1—2)
- One of Frankie and Sol's oldest friends
- Joe Morton as Jason (1—2)
- One of Frankie and Sol's oldest friends.
- Christine Lahti as Lydia Foster (Season 1)
- Robert's sister and a close friend of Grace.