Season 1 of Grace and Frankie was released by Netflix on May 8, 2015. All thirteen episodes were released onto both the US & UK versions of Netflix at the same time.
For as long as they can recall, Grace (Jane Fonda) and Frankie (Lily Tomlin) have been at odds with each other. But their relationship suddenly changes when they learn that their husbands, Robert (Martin Sheen) and Sol (Sam Waterston), have fallen in love and asked for divorces – so they can marry one another! As everything around the ladies is coming apart, the only thing they can really rely on is each other.
- Jane Fonda as Grace Hanson
- Lily Tomlin as Frankie Bergstein
- Martin Sheen as Robert Hanson
- Sam Waterston as Sol Bergstein (12 episodes)
- Brooklyn Decker as Mallory Hanson (8 episodes)
- Ethan Embry as Coyote Bergstein (11 episodes)
- June Diane Raphael as Brianna Hanson (11 episodes)
- Baron Vaughn as Nwabudike "Bud" Bergstein (10 episodes)
- Craig T. Nelson as Guy (5 episodes)
- an adventurous college friend of Robert's and Grace's love interest
- Timothy V. Murphy as Byron (3 episodes)
- One of Frankie's art students
- John Balma as Eddie (2 episodes)
- Friend of Robert and Sol's
- Butch Klein as Al (2 episodes)
- Friend of Robert and Sol's
- Jason Ralph as William ("The Dinner")
- Peter Mackenzie as Peter Warren ("The Funeral")
- Alison Martin as Judy Warren ("The Funeral")
- Richard Azurdia as Tito ("The Funeral")
- Jeff Doucette as Homer ("The Funeral")
- Corbin Bernsen as Dr. Paul Mason ("The Fall")
- Brian Benben as Charles ("The Earthquake")
- "loves2laugh" who Grace goes on a date with
|The End||Writer: Marta Kauffman & Howard J. Morris||Director: Tate Taylor||May 8, 2015||#01x01|
|Grace and Frankie are stunned when their husbands inform them that they want divorces. They're even more shocked when they find out why.
|The Credit Cards||Writer: Marta Kauffman & Howard J. Morris||Director: Scott Winant||May 8, 2015||#01x02|
|The messy realities of divorce start to sink in for Grace, Frankie, Robert, Sol, and their equally frazzled adult children.
|The Dinner||Writer: Nancy Fichman & Jennifer Hoppe-House||Director: Bryan Gordon||May 8, 2015||#01x03|
|Grace and Frankie decide to go back to work. Robert and Sol have an awkward dinner party for their children.
|The Funeral||Writer: Alexa Junge||Director: Tim Kirkby||May 8, 2015||#01x04|
|Emotions run high when a funeral throws Grace, Frankie, Robert, and Sol together in public for the first time since the split.
|The Fall||Writer: Billy Finnegan||Director: Betty Thomas||May 8, 2015||#01x05|
|Grace has an eye-opening experience when she goes out for frozen yogurt with Frankie and Brianna on a Saturday night.
|The Earthquake||Writer: Jacquelyn Reingold||Director: Tristram Shapeero||May 8, 2015||#01x06|
|Sol takes care of Frankie after she has an earthquake freak-out, while Grace goes on her first date. Coyote pays Mallory a surprise visit.
|The Spelling Bee||Writer: Julieanne Smolinski||Director: Tim Kirkby||May 8, 2015||#01x07|
|Frankie, Grace, and Brianna have unexpected encounters when they try new ways to deal with being single.
|The Sex||Writer: David Budin & Brendan McCarthy||Director: Dennie Gordon||May 8, 2015||#01x08|
|Frankie takes a new look at her Yam Man Jacob, while Grace and Guy get closer. Bud and Coyote have a brotherly talk. Sol is terrified of Brianna.
|The Invitation||Writer: Billy Finnegan||Director: Matt Shakman||May 8, 2015||#01x09|
|Brianna tries Frankie's homemade organic beauty product. Robert finds out about Guy and Grace. Frankie tries to set boundaries with Sol.
|The Elevator||Writer: Laura Jacqmin||Director: Miguel Arteta||May 8, 2015||#01x10|
|After they sign the divorce papers, Frankie, Grace, Sol, Robert, and Bud remember a pivotal weekend from five years before.
|The Secrets||Writer: Nancy Fichman & Jennifer Hoppe-House||Director: Andrew McCarthy||May 8, 2015||#01x11|
|Grace tells Frankie a secret that Frankie shares with Sol, setting off multiple arguments in both houses. Brianna gets closer with a co-worker.
|The Bachelor Party||Writer: Jacquelyn Reingold||Director: Julie Anne Robinson||May 8, 2015||#01x12|
|Bud and Coyote ask Brianna and Mallory to help them throw Sol and Robert's bachelor party. Grace offers to do ANYTHING to cheer Frankie up
|The Vows||Writer: Marta Kauffman & Howard J. Morris & Alexa Junge||Director: Dean Parisot||May 8, 2015||#01x13|
|As the wedding day approaches, Grace and Robert have problems expressing themselves, while Sol and Frankie finally clear out opf their old house.