|Grace and Frankie|
|Season 1, Episode 1|
|Air date||8 May 2015|
|Written by||Marta Kauffman & Howard J. Morris|
|Directed by||Tate Taylor|
| Previous|| Next|
The Credit Cards
Grace and Frankie are stunned when their husbands inform them that they want divorces. They're even more shocked when they find out why.
Grace Hanson and Frankie Bergstein are brought to dinner by their lawyer husbands, Robert and Sol, under the assumption that the men are going to announce they are retiring, but the women are shocked when their husbands reveal they are actually leaving them, for each other, and want to get married now that same-sex marriage is legal. The men also reveal that they have been having an affair with each other for more than 20 years. The news quickly spreads to their horrified children. Despite their stark personality differences, Grace and Frankie strike up a bond when they both seek escape at the Beach House the couple share.
- Jane Fonda as Grace Hanson
- Lily Tomlin as Frankie Bergstein
- Sam Waterston as Sol Bergstein
- Martin Sheen as Robert Hanson
- Brooklyn Decker as Mallory Hanson
- Ethan Embry as Coyote Bergstein
- June Diane Raphael as Brianna Hanson
- Baron Vaughn as Nwabudike "Bud" Bergstein
- This is the pilot/first episode of the series.
- Coyote was a professor, and is 90 days clean. He now works as a substitute teacher
- „If anyone's gonna sit on Ryan Gosling's face, it's gonna be me!”
- —Grace takes Robert's chair
- ↑ Synopsis taken directly from Netflix itself.